發新話題
打印

A-2.Mouth Shape for Meri 沉音的嘴形

A-2.Mouth Shape for Meri 沉音的嘴形

"shakuhachi tips"
原作者:柿堺香老師英文翻譯: ZacharyBraverman進階篇2.
September 1997

Mouth Shape for Meri 沉音的嘴形

Meris are key to shakuhachi playing. This is thesecond month I will talk about tips for playing them more successfully. Lastmonth I talked about how to open up holes for meri. This month I will discussthe relationship between mouth shape meri and the utaguchi (blowing edge).

The most fundamental principle for lowering pitch is to decrease thedistance between your mouth and the utaguchi. It doesn't matter how youaccomplish this, but it should be efficient. Here are some of the waysavailable.

The most basic way is to lower your chin, changing the anglebetween your mouth and the utaguchi and decreasing the distance. However, ifyou lower the shakuhachi at the same time as you lower your chin, the anglewon't change very much and the sound won't change efficiently.

You can also decrease the distance to the utaguchi without changing theangle of the flute by pushing the flute inward toward your chin. However,this isn't effective unless you blow without excess tension around your mouthduring regular, non-meri notes, and the muscles are soft.

Blow against the side of the utaguchi.The utaguchi is shaped like a "U", so youcan blow against the side rather than the center, which is farther away fromyour lips. The way to accomplish this is by lowering the flute not straightdown but diagonally downwards. This technique is very useful.

Thrust your lips outward a little so that they are closer to the utaguchi. This technique alsorequires that your mouth during regular, non-meri notes, be free of excesstension.

Change the position of your tongue to alter the flow of the air. This can lower thepitch without moving either your head or the flute.

Use all five of thetechniques described above to make efficient, effective meris. This meanslowering the pitch sufficiently without excess movement or effort. You shouldbe able to play a pitch of Tsu using a fingering of Chi.

回復 1# 的帖子

發新話題