http://www.kotodama.net/shakuhachi/tips.html
原作者:柿堺香
英文翻譯: Zachary Braverman
中文翻譯: 麥浪
中文校稿: 琰烺(陳佩筠)
版權所有:國際尺八研修館---柿堺香老師

基礎篇---第10篇再談吹筒音

自從我開始寫這個「尺八小常識」專欄,至今已經有一年了。我希望它至少對有些人是有幫助的。而本月份的小常識,我想要重回基礎部分,再談談吹筒音。

在場的各位朋友,在過去的一年當中,有誰每天都有吹十分鐘的筒音?此事聽起來很簡單,但是要堅持貫徹地去練習,就很難。這也是為何海童道祖會說:「若是有誰每天能持續吹十分鐘的筒音,他終將成為尺八高手」。

我相信許多人發現要持續做這個練習,真的有困難。因為他們把它視為純粹是「吹筒音」,實在是既無聊又乏味。但若是換個角度想,此練習將會有什麼樣豐富的成效呢?則有賴於你是否在吹奏當時,能忠實地觀察你自己,以及在研究檢討當中,是否具有創造力和想像力。

此處有一些問題,你可以拿來問你自己:
  • 你的嘴巴哪個地方太緊了些?
  • 你的氣束是如何吹擊吹口邊緣?
  • 為何你所吹出的音符,並未照著它們應有的起頭發出聲音?
  • 為何你所吹出的音符,並未照著它們應有的過程結束?
  • 為何你無法吹出足夠的音量?

• 當你吹的很順利時,故意輕微地移動你的吹管,將會發生什麼事?
  • 你可以將一個延長音吹多久?(輕柔的就好)
  • 你是否能夠在三秒鐘內用盡你的氣息去吹一個音?兩秒鐘如何?
  • 透過鏡子觀察,你的手臂或小手是否有過多的壓力存在?
  • 你的吹奏姿勢如何?

• 當吹管暖身足夠時,你吹管的個別音準會如何改變?
  • 在夏季和冬季,它又有何不同呢?
  • 你是否能夠吹出像橫山勝也先生所吹的音色嗎?山口五郎所吹的音色呢?
  • 當你暖身足夠時,會比較容易吹出好的筒音來。但是,當每天你剛開始吹筒音,那又如何?
  • 等等,等等,------

在這短短的十分鐘內,有許多的事情要去注意!

透過嚴謹地研究了解你自己的吹奏狀況,以及運用創造力和智慧,你也可以成為自己的最佳老師。

我曾經聽說過,古巴有一支聞名世界的棒球隊,當教練不在時,球員是被禁止練習的。因為壞習慣的重複練習,將使得他們積習難改。

尺八也是如此,因為我們不可能叫某個人,在我們吹奏時,都一直注意著我們的肩膀。因此,我們就必須成為自己最嚴厲的老師。

我們能夠一直吹出我們的最佳狀況嗎?我們如何才能夠吹的更好?這就是練習吹奏筒音的應有態度,決不要把它當作是,僅僅在吹一個音符而已。

B-10.More on Blowing Ro

It has now been one year since I began this Shakuhachi Tips column. I hope it is helpful to at least some people. For this month’s tip, I would like to return to the basics and talk about blowing Ro again.

Is there anybody out there who has blown Ro every day for 10 minutes for this past year? It sounds easy, but is very hard in practice to accomplish overtime, which is why Watazumi said that “Whoever blows Ro 10 minutes a day can become a master.”

I think many people find it difficult to continue this practice because they see it as merely practicing Ro, which would indeed be boring. Instead, how fruitful it will be depends on how honestly you can observe yourself and how inventive and creative you can be in your investigation of your own playing.

Here are some things to question yourself about:

• Where is your mouth too     tense?
  • How is the breath stream     hitting the blowing edge?
  • Why don’t your notes start     out the way they should?
  • Why don’t your notes end     the way they should?
  • Why can’t you play with     enough volume?
  • What happens when you     shift the flute just slightly off kilter on purpose?
  • How long can you play one     extended note (softly OK)?
  • Can you use up all your     breath in 3 seconds? How about 2?
  • Looking at the mirror, do     your arms or hands have excess tension in them?
  • How is your posture?
    How does your individual flute’s pitch change as it     gets warmed up?
  • How does this differ in     summer and winter?
  • How can you get the tone     color of Katsuya Yokoyama? How about Goro Yamaguchi?
  • It’s easy to get a good Ro     when you’re warmed up, but how do you get one first time you blow through     the flute?
  • Etc etc etc.........
    There’s way too much to do in a mere 10 minutes!

By investigating your own playing relentlessly, and by using creativity     and ingenuity, you can become your own best teacher.

I heard that a world-famous baseball team in Cuba is forbidden from practicing when the coach isn’t there, because repeating bad habits will cause them to become ingrained and incurable.

Shakuhahci is the same way, but it is impossible to have someone looking over our shoulder all the time. Instead, we must become our own most stern teacher.

Are we always playing our best? How can we play better? It is this attitude that blowing Ro cultivates. Never think of it as just practicing a single note.

回復 1# 的帖子

確實是精闢的論述。

回復 1# 的帖子

發新話題