Board logo

標題: A-30.Alternative Fingerings: San-no-U替代指法 2 [打印本頁]

作者: 麥浪    時間: 2015-7-14 19:16     標題: A-30.Alternative Fingerings: San-no-U替代指法 2

"shakuhachi tips"
原作者:柿堺香老師 (Kaoru Kakizakai)
英文翻譯: Zachary Braverman
進階篇30.
February1998

A-30.Alternative Fingerings: San-no-U替代指法 2

Last month I talked about alternative fingerings, but I didn’t mention one of the most important: San-no-U. This Kan octave note is half a note higher than Chi, which means that it is the same pitch as Hi-meri (indeed, Hi-meri is often written even when it is expected that you will play San-no-U).

However, Hi-meri tends to be a very soft note, so people long ago came up with San-no-U as a way to play the same pitch louder(if anybody knows exactly when, please let me know!).

San-no-U is played by opening up hole 3 only and kari-ing dramatically. It is almost impossible to kari too much on a San-no-U. Play Hi-meri followed by a San-no-U and you will see (hear) that they are the same pitch. However,Hi-meris will tend to be high and San-no-U’s will tend to be low.

There is a way to kari efficiently to get a good San-no-U. The secret lies inefficiently increasing the distance between the part of your lips where the breath stream comes out and the part of the utaguchi (blowing edge) that the breath stream hits. Part of this is not just using the angle of the flute, but also flattening out your lips. This is hard to describe, but can be shown in about 10 seconds.

Another way of thinking about kari-ing efficiently is increasing the area of the shakuhachi’s topmost hole (the hole at the top of the flute, not a finger hole!) not covered up by your chin and lips. By moving the shakuhachi sideways instead of vertically, you can increase the distance between your mouth and the flute easily and quickly.

Finally, just learning how to meri and kari is not sufficient. After meri-ing for a note, it is important to come back up again fully so that the next note is not too low, a very common mistake.

Unless you are a pro, assume that you have to kari more than you think you do to get the proper note after a meri. Thus, the methods outlined above are important for use after meris as well as for San-no-U.

作者: 文慶    時間: 2015-7-15 09:10     標題: 回復 1# 的帖子

歡迎光臨 台灣尺八協會論壇 (http://www.shaku8.org.tw/discuz/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0